Tengrism is a Central Asian religion characterized by features of shamanism, animism, totemism, both polytheism and monotheism, and ancestor worship. Historically, it was the mainstream religion of the Turks, Mongols, Hungarians, and Bulgars as well as the Xiongnu and the Huns. It was the state religion of the six ancient Turkic states: Göktürks Khaganate, Avar Khaganate, Western Turkic Khaganate, Great Bulgaria, Bulgarian Empire and Eastern Tourkia.
Tengrism is the religion of the steppe peoples of Eurasia, especially Turkish and Mongol nomads. The chief god is Tengri, the creator god who rules the skies. Shamanism and animism also feature prominently in the religion. Defining features in-game:
Head - High Priest
Holy sites - Saqsin, Isilkul, Aqmescit, Kyzylorda, Vác
- Can raid neighbours for loot.
- Can declare Subjugation Wars against all other Pagans.
- Rulers are limited to Gavelkind Succession.
- Rulers cannot declare Holy Wars.
- Inferior at conversion and vulnerable to non-pagan missionaries.
- Rulers lose Prestige if at peace for too long.
- The Tengri Pagan faith can be Reformed.