Suomenusko, or Finnish Paganism, is the pre-Christian polytheistic ethnic religion of the Finns. It is a polytheistic religion, worshipping a number of different deities. The principal god is the god of thunder and the sky, Ukko; other important gods include Jumi, Ahti, and Tapio. Suomenusko shows many similarities with the religious practices of neighbouring cultures, such as Germanic, Norse and Baltic paganism. However, it has some distinct differences due to the Uralic and Finnic culture of the region.
Finnic paganism is diverse, varying a lot between tribes and religions. It is shamanistic and animist, revering a multitude of gods, including Ukko/Perkele, Kuu and, in the east, Mastor-Ava, goddess of the Earth. Defining features in-game:
Head - High Priest
Holy sites - Raivola, Hiiumaa, Tikhvin, Solotcha, Perm
- Can raid neighbours for loot.
- Low-tech non-pagans have very low Supply Limit in Pagan counties.
- Can declare Subjugation Wars against all other Pagans.
- Rulers are limited to Gavelkind Succession.
- Rulers cannot declare Holy Wars.
- Inferior at conversion and vulnerable to non-pagan missionaries.
- Defensive bonuses in Finnish Pagan counties.
- The Finnish Pagan faith can be Reformed.