Slavic Paganism is the polytheistic religion practised by the pre-Christian Slavs. The religion possesses many common traits with other religions descended from the Proto-Indo-European religion. Old Slavic religion evolved over more than a thousand years and some parts of it are from neolithic or possibly even mesolithic times. Slavic Pagansim has a naturalist focus and rituals were performed in nature.
Slavic heathenry is polytheistic, the chief god being Perun, god of thunder and lightning, quite similiar to the Germanic god Thor. Other important deities include Veles, god of the underworld, Svarog, Jarilo and Svantevit. In addition, many tribes revere local gods. Defining features in-game:
Head - High Priest
Holy sites - Pruszkow, Arkona, Tikhvin, Yuriev, Husi
- Can raid neighbours for loot.
- Low-tech non-pagans have very low Supply Limit in Pagan counties.
- Can declare Subjugation Wars against all other Pagans.
- Rulers are limited to Gavelkind Succession.
- Rulers cannot declare Holy Wars.
- Inferior at conversion and vulnerable to non-pagan missionaries.
- Defensive bonuses in Slavic Pagan counties.
- The Slavic Pagan faith can be Reformed.